VAT No: 2425894-6
Address: Kivipylväänkuja 5, 02940 Espoo, Finland
Name of the register
Newsletter subscribers and website visitors
What personal data we collect and why
To send newsletters, we use MailChimp service that collects the following personal data of the subscriber:
- email address
- name (if given upon subscription)
- confirmation and time of receipt and opening of the newsletter
- linkes clicked in the newsletter
- device used for opening the newsletter, IP address, approximate location and possible language selection
We use the collected personal data for communicating our news and for analyzing and optimizing the communication. The legal basis for collecting and processing the data is consent given by the data subject (subscription to the newsletter).
To track website traffic, we use Google Analytics service that collects the following personal data of the website visitors:
- IP address (anonymized)
- approximate location
- device and browser used when visiting Desentum’s website
- visited pages and times of visits
We use the collected personal data to analyze website traffic and optimize the website. We do not use Google advertising tools. It is not possible to identify individual visitors based on the collected data. The legal basis for collecting and processing the data is Desentum’s legitimate interest.
Retention time of the personal data
The personal data of the newsletter subscriber is retained at least for the time of valid subscription. If a subscriber cancels his/her subscription, the data is retained in the register, but the system prevents sending any future newsletters. The register is occasionally examined, and the data of unsubscribed subjects can be permanently erased in this context. Upon request from a data subject, the personal data will be erased without delay.
The personal data of the website visitors is retained for 26 months after last visit. After that, the data is erased automatically.
Transfer of data outside the European Union
We use third parties as data processors. The personal data of the newsletter subscribers is processed by US-based The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp which is the provider of the email marketing service MailChimp. The personal data of the website visitors is processed by US-based Google, Inc. which is the provider of Google Analytics service. Both companies are EU/US Privacy Shield certified data processors.
Rights of the data subject
Right to inspection
Right to request rectification or erasure of personal data and right to restrict or object data processing
- The data subject has the right to request the controller to rectify or erase his/her personal data. The controller has the obligation to rectify inaccurate or incorrect data without delay.
- The data subject has the right to have the controller erase data concerning him/her and the right to object processing his/her personal data. The controller has the obligation to erase the personal data without undue delay, unless the data processing has a legal basis that overrules the right of the data subject to be forgotten.
- The data subject can request the controller to restrict the processing of his/her personal data when – for example – the controller verifies the accuracy of the data or the legal right for collecting or processing it.
- The data subject has the right to deny the use of his/her personal data for direct marketing.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If the controller has not complied with the data protection regulation, the data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: https://tietosuoja.fi/
Cookies are small pieces of data websites store on the visitor’s computer. They hold information about choices such as logging in or language selections made by the visitor. They can also track visitor’s browsing activity, i.e. visited pages. Cookies identify the visitor’s computer on the next visit and customize the website and possible advertisements accordingly.
Cookies are used on Desentum.fi to track visitor activity (Google Analytics). The website also includes third-party services (YouTube, MailChimp) that place their own cookies.
For example, the videos embedded on the website place YouTube cookies on the visitor’s computer. The cookies store information about viewed videos, device used and visitor’s location. YouTube (Google) can use the data to suggest new videos based on viewing history, for example, or to target advertising.
The email marketing service MailChimp places cookies that are used for providing the service and for tracking the opens and clicks of the newsletters.
Removing and controlling the cookies
Cookies can be deleted and controlled in the settings of the browser. The settings also allow blocking or restricting cookies. However, some cookies may be essential to website functionality and deleting or blocking them may prevent the website from functioning properly.